Another crazy weekend for our national top-25 and high school hoops all around the country. Our rankings this week have made a few shifts with a few programs and also our “next five. We have a plethora of matchups to look forward to this week as pre-Christmas tournaments begin and major showcase events are set to take stage before the holiday. Below you can check out our national rankings for this week.
1. Montverde Academy (FL) (6-0) – The Eagles continued their dominance last week with a major win over nationally ranked DeMatha Catholic (MD) 76-56. Montverde is clearly the best team in the country and will head to the famous City of Palms Classic in Fort Myers, FL later this week with an overall record of 6-0. Oklahoma State commit 2020 PG Cade Cunningham and Florida State commit 2020 F Scottie Barnes have led the show for this Montverde Academy squad so far.
2. Prolific Prep (CA) (15-0) – Prolific Prep had themselves a quiet week with only one game against highly ranked Makur Maker and CIBA (CA) , which they won 115-72. Prolific Prep will head to the loaded Chic-Fil-A Classic later on this week in Columbia, SC and where they will face Ridge View (SC) in the first round.
3. Sierra Canyon (CA) (8-0) – The Trailblazers survived their trip in Ohio after defeating Lebron James’s alma mater St. Vincent-St. Mary’s (OH) 59-56 in Columbus last weekend. 2023 SG Bronny James Jr. posted 15 points, including the game winning layup, while Kentucky commit 2020 SG Brandon Boston Jr. finished with 16 points. Sierra Canyon will head to Las Vegas, NV to face Oak Ridge (FL) and Northeast (FL) as part of the Tarkanian Classic before hitting the road to Virgina where they will face John Marshall (VA) next Saturday.
4. Sunrise Christian (KS) (9-0) – Sunrise Christian win their 9th straight game of the season after going 2-0 this past weekend. The Buffaloes will now head to the famous City of Palms Classic in Fort Myers, FL later this week and where they will face nationally ranked St. Frances Academy (MD) and either Hamilton Heights (TN), who are also nationally ranked, or West Oaks Academy (FL).
5. Wasatch Academy (UT) (12-0) – The Tigers continue their undefeated streak improving to 12-0 for the 2019-2020 high school season. 2022 PG Richard Issacs Jr. was spectacular over the weekend finishing with multiple 20 or more points in their games over the weekend. The Tigers will head to Hawaii this week to compete in the Iolani Prep Classic and where national programs like Long Island Lutheran (NY) and Oak Hill Academy (VA) are also apart of the field.
6. Paul VI (VA) (6-0) – It only took 7 overtimes, in a crazy game, for the Panthers to get pass Archbishop Wood (PA) this past weekend. Duke commit 2020 PG Jeremy Roach, 2021 SG Trevor Keels, and 2022 PG Knasir “Dug” McDaniel combined for 81 points in their 130-128 victory over Archbishop Wood. The Panthers will have another road game later this week against The Heights (MD) before their matchup against Archbishop Stepinac (NY) as part of the Slam Dunk on the Beach in Delaware next week.
7. Oak Hill Academy (VA) (17-1) – LSU commit 2020 SG Cam Thomas combined for 71 points going 25-41 while snagging 22 rebounds in two games for the Warriors at the Bojangles Bash in South Carolina over the weekend. The Warriors also defeated a very tough Dorman (SC) squad over the weekend at the Battle at the Rock in South Carolina. Oak Hill will head to Hawaii later this week to compete in the Iolani Prep Classic, this will make their 10th appearance in the field.
The Patrick School (NJ) (0-0) – The Patrick School will officially make their season debut later this week on December 19th against Olympus Prep (NJ).
9. IMG Academy (FL) (4-1) – The Ascenders bounce back this week with two wins over Florida programs Lakewood Ranch (FL) and Tampa Catholic (FL). They will head to the famous City of Palms Classic in Fort Myers, FL later this week and could possibly meet powerhouse Montverde Academy (FL) in the championship round. Both are already set to meet next month at the Spalding Hoophall Classic in Massachusetts.
10. Huntington Prep (WV) (10-2) – The Irish drop seven spots but still remain in our top-10 after losing two games this weekend. One to unranked, but a very tough Dorman (SC) squad, and another to Our Saviour Lutheran (NY). Huntington Prep will head to the loaded Chic-Fil-A Classic later this week in Columbia, SC and will have a rematch with Word of God Academy (NC), a program they defeated last month in North Carolina by 6.
11. DeMatha Catholic (MD) (4-2) – The Stags took a pretty tough lost on the road last Thursday night to the nation’s number one team, Montverde Academy (FL) 76-56. DeMatha will have to try and bounce back and will have one game this week before the Christmas holiday against Eleanor Roosevelt (MD).
12. Roselle Catholic (NJ) (0-0) – The Lions will officially make their season debut later this week on December 19th against Sinai Christian Academy (NJ).
13. Long Island Lutheran (NY) (3-0) – The Crusaders move to 3-0 before heading to the Iolani Prep Classic in Hawaii later in the week. Illinois commit 2020 PG Andre Curbelo combined for 30 points, 9 assists, and 7 boards in their two games last week. Could possibly meet both nationally ranked programs Wasatch Academy (UT) and Oak Hill Academy (VA) out in Hawaii.
14. La Lumiere (IN) (7-0) – The Lakers improve to 7-0 over the weekend with a 73-41 win over Bowman Academy (IN) and will head to the loaded Chic-Fil-A Classic in Columbia, SC later this week with a 7-0 overall record.
15. Bishop Gorman (NV) (4-0) – The Gaels go 3-0 last week to improve their record to 4-0 so far this 2019-2020 high school season. Bishop Gorman will be tested later this week as they are competing and hosting the 2019 Tarkanian Classic in Las Vegas, NV. A plethora of top notch programs are competing in the same field.
16. St. Frances Academy (MD) (10-0) – The Panthers improve to 10-0 after winning three games last week and will have a big test this week as they are competing in the City of Palms Classic in Fort Myers, FL later this week.
17. Hamilton Heights (TN) (11-0) – Hamilton Heights will be one of few teams still undefeated heading to the famous City of Palms Classic in Fort Myers, FL later this week. The Hawks have been incredible throughout the 2019-2020 high school season and could climb the rankings even more next week depending on how they do in Fort Myers, FL.
18. Hillcrest Prep (AZ) (8-3) – The Bruins lost their third straight game this past weekend to powerhouse Brewster Academy (NH) by two in New York, NY as part of the Battle in the Apple at the Barclays Center, home of the Brooklyn Nets. Hillcrest Prep will head to Columbia, SC later this week to compete in the loaded Chic-Fil-A Classic and where they will meet Westtown School (PA) in the first round.
19. Roman Catholic (PA) (2-0) – 2022 C Jalen Duren posted 22 points in Roman Catholic’s season debut last week and has led this year’s squad to a 2-0 overall record to begin their 2019-2020 high school season. Roman Catholic will head to the famous City of Palms Classic in Fort Myers, FL later this week and where they will face McEachern (GA) in the first round.
20. Mater Dei (CA) (6-0) – The Monarchs continue their dominance in Southern California and are currently 6-0 on the season so far. Mater Dei has held all of their opponents to 50 or less points over their first six games to begin the season. Over the next two weeks, Mater Dei will be battle tested, playing in the Tarkanian Classic in Las Vegas, NV and Les Schwab Invitational in Oregon.
21. Archbishop Stepinac (NY) (3-0) – The Crusaders survive over the weekend with an overtime win over St. Raymond’s (NY) as part of the PSA Showcase. UNC commit 2020 PG R.J. Davis finished with a game high 41 points, 9 rebounds, 7 assists, and 2 steals while Duke commit 2021 F A.J. Griffin finished with 29 points, 17 boards, and 5 blocks. Archbishop Stepinac will be one of a few teams coming into the famous City of Palms Classic this week with an undefeated record. Their anticipated matchup with Briarcrest Christian (TN) awaits.
22. Minnehaha Academy (MN) (3-1) – The Redhawks bounced back last week going 2-0 with wins over North (MN) and Benilde-St. Margaret’s (MN) and where 2020 PG Jalen Suggs posted 16 points along with 5 rebounds in their win over BSM. Minnehaha will face Hopkins (MN) and Onalaska (WI) during the week this week.
23. Neumann-Goretti (PA) (3-0) – The Saints defeated Malvern Prep (PA) over the weekend to improve to 3-0 on the 2019-2020 high school season. Neumann-Goretti will play one game early this week before heading out to Las Vegas, NV where they will be competing in the loaded Tarkanian Classic at Bishop Gorman High School.
24. Rancho Christian (CA) (7-2) – USC commit 2020 C Evan Mobley posted 15 points, 14 rebounds, and 5 blocks to lead Rancho Christian to their 7th win of the season with a win over Liberty (NV) over the weekend. The Eagles will be competing in the Capital City Classic later this week in Oregon.
25. Westtown School (PA) (6-2) – The Moose make their way back in our top-25 nationally with a major win over powerhouse Brewster Academy (NH) over the weeked at the PSA Showcase in New York. Highly ranked 2021 C Frank Kepnang posted 18 points and 13 rebounds in their matchup against Brewster Academy. Westtown School will head to the loaded Chic-Fil-A Classic later this week in Columbia, SC and where they will face nationally ranked Hillcrest Prep (AZ) in the first round.
Grayson (GA) (10-1) – The Rams get a huge win over the weekend as they defeated McEachern (GA) 83-57 and ending their 39-game winning streak at the Hawks-Naismith Holiday Classic at Norcross High School. Grayson took a lost earlier in the week to in state opponent Newton (GA) in overtime 84-80 and although they defeated McEachern, that lost keeps them in our “next five”. The Rams will play again Saturday against Brookwood (GA).
McEachern (GA) (7-1) – The Indians took their first lost since their 2017-2018 high school season to in state opponent Grayson (GA) over the weekend at the Hawks Naismith Holiday Classic at Norcross High School and where their 39-game winning streak was snapped. McEachern will have to move pass that as they are headed to defend their tournament title later this week at the famous City of Palms Classic in Fort Myers, FL.
Dorman (SC) (4-1) – The Cavaliers are our newest program to enter our radar and be placed in our “next five” after defeating top-10 Huntington Prep (WV) over the weekend in the Bojangles Bash in South Carolina. They will have their chance to move up in our rankings this week and maybe the week after. Dorman will have one game Tuesday before heading to Columbia, SC for the loaded Chic-Fil-A Classic.
Gonzaga (DC) (7-2) – Gonzaga has won four in a row since their lost to Sunrise Christian (KS) and recently won their own showcase tournament over the weekend going 3-0 in the Gonzaga D.C. Classic. The Eagles will head to Fort Myers, FL later in the week to compete in the famous City of Palms Classic and will be coming in with momentum.
Oak Ridge (FL) (5-0) – The Pioneers of Oak Ridge (FL), in my opinion, are a sleeper program this season and will have a chance to show how good they really are later this week as they are competing in the annual Tarkanian Classic in Las Vegas, NV and where they are playing in a showcase matchup against top ranked Sierra Canyon (CA). 2021 SG Michael James is averaging 19.2 points per game so far for Oak Ridge.